Thursday 25 January 2007

God worked miracles for my exams!

YESS!!! THANK YOU LORD FOR BEING SO AMAZING!!!

I have finished the exams! And they were a resounding success! I am seriously in awe of the miracles God wrought in my two hardest exams!

The first hard one was on Thursday, 9am, Inorganic Chemistry. I only had one day (Wednesday) to study it, FROM SCATCH! There was still so much to do that basically all I did was rewrite the notes once and try understand everything as I went (since I didn't remember ever having written the original notes in the first place). I was praying a lot, and on Sunday I had asked my church to pray for me. Still, I was very undisciplined, as I kept on surfing the internet for short time-spans (which is very easy for me to do 'cos I study with the PC on since I use wikipedia a lot to understand material).

So, Thursday morning, 8:30, I went to the exam hall and found out that everyone else taking the exam had very low hopes also, which cheered me up, especially 'cos we're marked to a curve (meaning that if no-one gets above 60%, 55% might equal an A). Still, when I sat down and received the question sheet, and read through the question, I realised I had nearly no clue what all those questions were about! So I decided I better pray, so I spent two minutes with my eyes closed talking with God. Then I just started writing.

And kept writing. Did some figuring out. Wrote some more. Figured out some more. In the end, I was able to fully answer EVERYTHING!!! PRAISE GOD!!

It keeps getting better - the next two exams, the last of which was today, went really really well (although today's required less miraculous intervention)!

I am absolutely in awe of what God has done for His glory through me! And I can take absolutely no credit, because three weeks before the exams I had done ZERO study, and even when I began, it was often very unfocused. And yet God granted me success and my memory was so sharp it was definitely supernatural. As a matter of fact, even if I end up not getting any As, I can honestly say I don't really care that much, because I AM SATISFIED IN GOD!!! His fountain of love and joy has filled me undeservingly, and I give HIM THE GLORY!

But it gets better. Ya I know, hard to believe! One of my best friends in my course (none of them are Christians), Eamonn, I had been talking to alot over the exam weeks, and he knew I was praying a lot about my exams, and he knew that I was doing a lot better than I expected. Then, for today's exam, he said I should pray that the questions would be similar to the questions from the previous two years (since those are the ones we all studied). And the questions were pretty much the same! An hour after the exam, I get a text from him saying, and this is a direct quote, "Praise to god! He answered your prayers!" God is touching the hearts of one of my friends!! I seriously was jumping up and down in my room out of joy!


Psalm 65

Praise awaits you, O God, in Zion;
to you our vows will be fulfilled.

O you who hear prayer,
to you all men will come.

When we were overwhelmed by sins,
you forgave our transgressions.

Blessed are those you choose
and bring near to live in your courts!
We are filled with the good things of your house,
of your holy temple.

You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness,
O God our Savior,
the hope of all the ends of the earth
and of the farthest seas,

who formed the mountains by your power,
having armed yourself with strength,

who stilled the roaring of the seas,
the roaring of their waves,
and the turmoil of the nations.
Update July '06: My results for these exams were 5 As and 1 C. What a miracle!

1 comment:

Joe Hever said...

To be honest a few months ago I never thought God had any real bearing on my life. I was a believer at the time and still am but it just never seemed that He affected my life in anyway.

Then my brother was almost killed in a road accident. I have photos of the wreck of the car and it is absolutely shocking that anyone could have survived it. Basically the car looks like it had been just crushed. I used to think it was luck that a friend of my brother's just happened to be driving behing him and just happened to have a chainsaw to cut him out of the wreck but my parents convinced me it was God's work.

I used to think everything good that came my way was blind luck but that put it into perspective for me. Its God who does everything for me. Helping me to have the courage to leave college, helping me get an amazing job even though I'm unqualified, helping me find an amazing girlfriend who in turn I've helped in a huge way.

Basically everything happens for a reason and its His reason!!!