Monday 9 November 2009

I'm Justified

I found a beautiful poem on another blog which I wanted to share.
I'm Justified

Not because I'm holy,
Not because I'm right,
Not because I've fled from Sin,
Not because I fight, against that deadly foe,
called sin, that strikes me blow by blow.

Not because I run so well,
Not because my sins I tell, my Priest in heaven Jesus Christ.
Not because I keep apace,
With godly men, and not disgrace,
the spotless name of Christ. I do.

I'm justified by God's free grace,
Wherein my sin He did erase,
And stands me right before his face,
For works before me done,
The righteous work by God the Son,
Upon the cursed tree,
Three gifts now given me,
A righteousness not my own,
A heart of flesh for heart of stone,
bound up by faith alone.

I am Justified.

No comments: