Thursday 16 April 2009

I finished my FYP!

Praise God I finally handed in my FYP, a week behind schedule.

FYP stands for Final Year Project, and is a mini-thesis ever UL student must write to graduate with a Bachelor. Mine turned out to 13,000 words and 115 A4 pages. Quite chunky!

It was estimating the feasibility of using the paper and cardboard waste stream in Ireland as a feedstock for biorefining. It was found that between 0.89 and 4.6% of Ireland's predicted 2020 transport energy needs could be met by biorefining this waste resource, which is pretty amazing.

I am very grateful to God that I finally completed it. Sadly last week there were 2 days in particular that I was very stressed and often angry with the LORD, which was not good at all. I got 3 hours sleep for 2 days while trying to finish it.

But the Lord is merciful, and He nonetheless enabled me to finish it. However, because the Lord prefers obedience to sacrifice (1Sa 15:22), it would have been better to be late and not be angry at God.

Well, I thought I would post the acknowledgements here:
I would like to thank my supervisor, Prof Michael H Hayes, for being very willing to help and giving time to contribute toward making this FYP what it is.

I would like to thank the other members of the Carbolea Research Group, Ainara, Corinna, Enrico and especially Daniel Hayes for their help and patience with me.

I would like to thank my best friend Sam for the godly example and great friend he was and is to me.

I would like to thank my beautiful fiancee Emily-Kate for her loving support during this time– I can't wait to marry you!

I would like to thank my amazing parents, Matthias & Regina Kuhs, for sacrificing so
much of their lives for me and bringing me up so well.

Above all, I would like to thank my heavenly Father, from whom I have received
everything. I thank Him for saving me by predestining such a wretched sinners as me to adoption through faith in His Son Jesus Christ. The life I now live I try to live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

4 comments:

Mira K. Bryan said...

I love your acknowledgements. I hope someone gets to read them.

manuelkuhs said...

So do I :) Thanks sister

Emily-Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily-Kate said...

After our bus journey yesterday, where I confessed to never reading your blog, I decided that today I would.

I read the acknowledgements....beautiful.

And I read the blog about prayer. It made me cry (seriously). I loved what Nebuchadnezzar said in Daniel. So amazing. He knew he was nothing, he had experienced the heavy hand of the Lord and when he came to his senses he was able to magnify the Lord and show the world how powerful God is. May I come to know the Lord as he did.

I love you and I'm honoured to have a ring on my finger that symbolises our hope to marry.

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it." Isa 46:9-11

I love it!!!!